STEAM Activity: Frozen Shark Dig
Updated: Oct 5, 2019
Shark Week is coming up soon, and STEM Spark has some very good friends who love Shark Week. So to help our friends celebrate their love of Shark Week, STEM Spark came up with a Frozen Shark Dig STEAM Activity!
Tiny Plastic Shark Figures
1) Place tiny plastic shark figures in bowl.
2) Pour water in bowl over the sharks.
3) Freeze the water/sharks for 3-4 hours.
4) Remove frozen water/sharks from bowl onto a plate or tray. You know have sharks frozen in ice!
5) Pour salt over the sharks stuck in the ice.
6) The salt will melt the ice, in an endothermic reaction (which we explained in this
post ), and then you can use a spoon to dig out your sharks!
And no Shark Week celebration would be complete without a giveaway! STEM Spark is giving away a copy of the awesome STEM picture book Shark Lady: The Story of How Eugenie Clark Became the Ocean's Most Fearless Scientist written by Jess Keating and Illustrated by Mart Alvarez Miguens.
Eugina Clark is an awesome scientists, who made many discoveries about sharks, including they can be trained!, and the book is well-written, so we're excited to giveaway a copy to one lucky reader in the States! Follow the Rafflecopter below! Happy Shark Week everyone!